How to contribute
The following are ways of contributing (in order to save the world economy and diminish poverty):
- send us money
- like/share our page and posts on facebook and pages of this site
- create support campaign at GoGetFunding
- agitate your friends, colleagues, etc
- write to your President, government, central bank, etc
- join a political party (we don’t provide a policy whether to join a left or right party, it’s your personal choice) if you are not already a member and agitate among other party members
- send letters to your acquaintances (asking to send more letters to their acquaintances)
- become a blogger of our organization (contact me if you want to write)
- become a translator (contact me, we already have English and Russian)
- publish in newspapers and other media
- volunteer to develop brochures, posters, business cards of our organization (general and targeted for your country)
- volunteer to edit our texts
- found a national office or a like minded NGO (such as a new political party) in your country
- raise children stick to our ideas.
Discuss governance and membership
We need to decide the structure of governance and membership of our political nonprofit.
Currently we are going to create a small board of partisans with me (Victor Porton) being the CEO. I want our organization to be governed democratically, but I tend to prefer if new board members will be assigned (and resigned) by existing board members to be sure that we don’t lose our ideology. However we should also consider open membership scheme where the board would be voted by members who are accepted after a little ideological checking (the full list of questions a prospective member must answer?) This scheme is probably less stable against fluctuations of ideology. We don’t want to be transformed into a regular left or right party. So as the CEO I make this decision: I will withdraw from controlling this project solely by myself and adopt simple majority voting by paid English group members as soon as we have at least 12 such members. The CEO of the project will preserve the right to make have the deciding vote when the votes split equally and the right to make less important decisions without voting. The CEO will be also chosen by members voting. Any member can propose a decision to be voted for.
Concerning membership: What exactly should be the criterion of accepting new members? Should we require a membership fee? If yes, how much exactly should it be? Should the fee be fixed or at the member’s choice? What is the criterion (if any) and the procedure for excluding members? Should we require every member to like our page on Facebook? Should membership be based on a closed (or maybe open?) Facebook group specifically for members?
Please leave any comments below.